Tuesday, December 2, 2008

progress 2

Today, I did a lot more than I expected to get accomplished! I started jut thinking that I was going to get my opening paragraph written, but then I ended up just finishing the whole proposal! I really got into it, so I figured- why stop when you’re on a roll? So I kept going!
I, Personally, don’t understand why the government would want to stop funding the arts. If the arts help deter child delinquency, lessen drop out rates, and improve academic achievement, then why would that want to be stopped? This is exactly what the government is looking to improve, yet they’re trying to eliminate one of the main things that helps it. Funding the arts is also a lot less costly than funding sports teams! I imagine it would also be a lot easier too! It isn’t logical, or probable to eliminate the arts. Art brings joy and happiness to society, which is crucial currently with so much stress and violence around.
Tomorrow, I think I’m going to have someone else read it so they can edit my paper and give me their opinion. I edited it myself for grammar and spelling, but usually I’m a little biased when I have to judge my own papers!

No comments: