Thursday, December 4, 2008

more progress

Yesterday, my mom and my friend edited my paper (to make sure I made sense!) Normally, I’m ok, but sometimes things that I write don’t make sense to other people, (something I need to work on).
What I thought was interesting, was that both my mom and my friend knew that the arts funds were getting cut, but none of them knew that it is going to be completely terminated in three years. Also, they didn’t know all that the Arts Council of Indianapolis does to promote art in the area. I think people need to be more aware of the benefits of art in the world, and all that the Arts Council of Indianapolis does. I believe if the people spoke out about the elimination of art on our city, and how we want art to be a larger part of our lives, then the government would have to listen! It seems that today, everyone just talks about football and sports, but if people were exposed to more art then they could appreciate it more! This lack of appreciation and exposure to arts is why people aren’t that concerned about it’s elimination. Without art, the world would be so dull and boring! It would be aweful!
Today, I turned in my proposal!

No comments: