Wednesday, May 6, 2009

If I were Joe

If I were in the same position as Joe, I would be concentrating every minute of the day on how to kill myself. I couldn’t lie in bed, just waiting to die with nothing to do. I daydream a lot, so I could entertain myself for a while, but I would still want to die. I would be waiting for my mother to come and save me and help me die a quick death. I wouldn’t care how painful it was, I would want to die at practically any cost. Not letting anyone have any connection with people besides touch, and not being able to move or eat would be complete and utter torture. If I were Joe, I would keep trying to build up my back muscles so I could turn over and destroy the machinery keeping me alive. That would be my main focus.

1 comment:

Sammie Starkey said...

I actually have to agree with you about this. I mean there is no knowing how i would actually feel in this situation. But almost the whole time I was reading this book I kept thinking why in the world is he not trying to kill himself, or why didn't he answer that he wanted to die when he figured out how to talk to the doctor. I couldn't believe that he had been sitting there for years without going crazy. I am pretty positive I would have gone insane.