Monday, November 3, 2008

Parillo

Parillo talks about learning that takes place in the early childhood years that is from your parents or childhood guardians. These beliefs and ideas that were thrust upon you when you were younger, and concepts that you still believe throughout your life, and into adulthood. There are steps to this prejudice, and they fully show in your older years. When I was younger, I took, and still take, very intensive ballet. I was taught that ballet is the most difficult form of dance. It is technically, and artistically harder, than jazz, tap, and hip-hop. Although my prejudice isn’t very strong, I still believe that ballet is one of the hardest, if not the hardest art form of dance. This is what my ballet teachers instilled in my brain at a young age, and is what I continue to somewhat believe.

No comments: