Monday, February 2, 2009

superbowl ads

I must say, some of those Superbowl ads absolutely INFURIATED me. I found numerous ads, especially the Doritos ad incredibly SEXIST and derogatory toward women. Nudity and sexual comments should not be the basis of society and entertainment. It displeased me very much to turn on the superbowl and just see a variety of insulting commercials that were supposed to be funny. I believe we should all avoid the products of those us were sexist and derogatory toward women.
Although those commercials disgusted me greatly, they were tailored toward a certain audience, and I imagine were quite affective toward that audience. The stereotypical audience of the superbowl, would be men that like football, etc… I imagine all sorts of Steelers loving football men will go buy Doritos now, so good for them.

No comments: