Thursday, February 19, 2009

nonacademic classes

I value the nonacademic education I’m receiving because I believe it will make me a better and more well-adjusted person. Like Horace Mann said, nonacademic school subjects prepares society for when they are out in the real world without guidance. These skills are very important to learn. I understand that physical education class will help me understand that I need to keep my body healthy, and my music and art classes will teach me to be a well-rounded person. Such education is important because the government cannot rely on the parents to teach their children. A lot is important to be taught in elementary school such as brushing teeth, taking care of yourself, etc…, but also health and culture should be promoted through middle school and high school. I value that one day when I get out of high school, I will be a well-adjusted, cultured, healthy person that is ready to be an active and effective participant in society.

No comments: