Monday, October 20, 2008

Idea for Speech

For the persuasive speech, I think I will do the Riley Children’s Foundation. The Riley Children’s Foundation saves lives, helps educate doctors in less-fortunate countries, and even has a global adoption program. I believe I can appeal to logos, pathos, and ethos in this argument.
I can appeal to logos by saying what the doctors do to help educate the less-fortunate doctors, and saying how that helps society and creates a healthier community and world.
I can appeal to ethos by describing the patients in the hospital, and how they are suffering from terrible illnesses, and then describe how they are helped by the doctors and the faculty in a bright and healthy environment.
I can appeal to ethos by describing my short experience at Riley Children’s Hospital when I was younger, and what all I saw there, and how I will never forget it.
I believe this will encourage everyone to donate to the Riley Children’s Foundation. Who doesn’t want to help small children recover from illnesses and find a happy home?

No comments: